Thursday, September 21, 2006

Jonny Lang - Turn Around


Blues and gospel music have always been strange bedfellows, but they have each had a huge influence on the other over the years. The word out is that blues guitar slinger Jonny Lang is moving towards the Christian market with his new release “Turn Around.”

"Message-wise, I'd consider this a gospel record," the 25-year-old North Dakota native told Billboard.com. "Some songs are directly about my relationship with God, some songs aren't. But it's really great to be able to do it."

It will be interesting to see how the Christian market receives the new album. Christian music does have its blues artists, but it is a tiny niche. I just can’t see Jonny getting the radio play he will deserve with this album, but maybe I’m wrong. I hope so.

No comments: